The Racing For A Cure team is a program from the Arthritis National Research Foundation (ANRF). ANRF’s mission is to provide initial research funding to brilliant, investigative scientists with new ideas to cure arthritis and related autoimmune diseases.
ANRF, founded in 1952, is focused on funding arthritis research to find new treatments and cures for osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, juvenile arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, psoriatic arthritis and other autoimmune diseases.
Ninety-one cents of every dollar donated goes towards providing arthritis research grants to scientists at major universities and research institutes across the United States. ANRF funds newer, cutting-edge scientists with ideas outside-the-box to develop and push the field of arthritis research forward. This funding is at a critical stage in the scientist research career, giving these scientists the funds they need to setup their projects and compete for more money on national stage.
By joining Racing For A Cure you are directly impacting the next new treatment and helping find a cure through research.
Quick facts about the Arthritis National Research Foundation:
- Over 200 scientists funded over 40 years
- Our arthritis research projects have led to new information and treatments
- 10-20 grants per year – $1.15 million research awards in 2014-15
- World-renowned Scientific Advisory Board of physician-scientists
- 4-Star Charity Navigator Rating 6 years in a row
- “Outstanding” as ranked by independent scientific panel
- 91 cents of every dollar donated is placed into research programs
All donations made through Racing For A Cure are tax-deductible via the Arthritis National Research Foundation. Tax ID # 95-6043953